Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Ive been side tracked

I was asked to take up the hem of some work trousers
Which meant I had to set up the sewing machine,

Next thing I know...
I have started playing with a jelly roll that my sister Annie gave me.
All that fabulous colour.

No wonder quilting can be addictive.
I fear that this is my first UFO as I have visitors coming and
I can't leave the machine set up on the kitchen table.

I know what I would do differently next time already.....
Great rainy day activity and yesterday it rained all day.
The Millewa wheat farmers will be off to a good start this year

4 comments:

Annie said...

Yeahhhhh! I don't even remember giving you a jelly roll, but I do recognise the fabric as one of my favourites. Maybe you will catch the bug yet..great for cold wet days, and now you have some power...Love It

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

It looks like you are off to a great start, and your sister is there for you for encouragement and inspiration.

It's great to have indoor projects to work on when it is raining, other than housework. :-)

Happy Quilting ~ FlowerLady

Jean C. said...

Hi, I was just over doing some catch-up reading on Annie's blog... and she mentioned that you have a quilt in progress! Put it somewhere so that you see it a lot!!! (after your guests leave!) and you will remember to get back to it! Good luck! The colors look like something Annie would enjoy... bright and pretty.
Off to work on one of my own!
Jean C.
djcogdill@q.com

Anonymous said...

Jayne looks like you have the bug, a jelly roll never did know what to do with one, clever girl, btw happy birthday cousin
denise