Thursday, July 26, 2012

Waiting for the Bride

I am waiting for the bride
Her bouquet's await.


I am quite honoured to be involved in such an important day.


My market flowers are attracting a bit of attention


This is wedding 2


It is a tight time for flowers, August, just after the worst frosts in years
These are little bunches for the tables.


Lucky for some hardy Salvia's, wall flowers, violets, stocks and happy wanderer
also my fill flowers are rocket. Who needs gypsophilla when you have got rocket.

Nice result if I do say so myself.
I have been trying to drink in the colours and forms of the flowers and
have decided if I was to lose my eyesight this would be one of the things I would miss the most.
That's not going to happen!
I was always fascinated with Turner whose blurry paintings were quite famous.
It made sense when I learned of his eye sight issues.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Oh Jayne, I'm hoping it is something that can be fixed, and soon

Calidore said...

What beautiful flowers and stunning as bridal bouquets. I trained as a florist but I so much prefer your bouquets than the stiff formal ones I had to make. Hope the eye problem resolves itself soon.