Thursday, February 23, 2012

2nd thoughts

Have you ever woken up, day 2 of a big project
and upon viewing what was achieved the day before
thought
What was I thinking?
That's what I thought when I got down to the garden yesterday!
I was wanting to make a garden bed to plant out some of the many saliva's that I have propagated.
I started to build a retaining wall near the seedling area.
I had dug trenches to try and get the tin level.
It had been a hot day's digging and when I questioned my thought process,
I had words with myself and
decided to trust that I had made the right decisions yesterday.
I couldn't bear to waste another day re digging trenches.

The front retaining tin does come out on to the path a little bit.
I figured that I can move the path easily
and relocate the shrub that was perhaps planted a little close to the path any way.

The post hole digger does make life a bit easier.
The soil is clayey sand.
This section of the garden has been built up over the years, trying to get the garden above flood height.
That's a crazy statement as all floods are different.
In 1993 this whole garden area was under water...Mum and Dad had been growing strawberries here and the plants all drowned, the land did slope away very steeply and I have built it up since then.
The project is no where near finished, no ends on the garden bed,
ordinary soil, no watering system,
Best I get back out there and get on with the job.
I will post a finished picture when it is done.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Looking forward to it - remeber those strawberries - I do!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

It's always hardest when first starting out, and we tend to question our sanity with projects. Hang in there and pretty soon you'll be enjoying the fruits of your labors.

Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

Gary's third pottery blog said...

OH wow..extraordinary! Looks so nice and warm too. I wonder, do you ever come across any snakes around your place?