Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Lions tail time again.

A stunning plant,
Hardy up here in the heat,
The flowers just last and last in the vase.
I snip off the leaves that grace the flower heads.
and the little top knot on top.

There is a white variety but I haven't propagated that one yet.
Orange is one of my favourite colours!
And you just can't rush these things.

This is last years Cherry Rudbekia Very close to the ground.
Wish I could show you what has happened this year but
I have temporarily lost my camera.
This year one of the plants would be 4ft tall with flowers coming,
Shame about the camera.
I do hope I did not put it down in the garden somewhere.....
Just cant remember,
there is a vague recollection of it pulling on my shorts that the waist was too big ....
Has anyone listened to the ABC radio interview?

1 comment:

Annie said...

Oh Jayne, 30 years, is that right!! You are a PRO! I loved the interview, and felt like I was right there with you all. If I was in Mildura, I think I would have to come to your pottery classes. You are doing great work with the community. Do you think the 'powers that be" have forgotten about you down in that shed?