Friday, January 13, 2012

Basil

Basil
Everyones favourite summer herb!
I have had a bit of trouble getting the seeds to come up.
I think like everyone else I am in such a hurry for it to grow that I forget it needs the soil to be warm enough. I read the other day, the biggest basil mistake is planting it too early and I am guilty of the very same.
I have to have enough to plant out and to take to market

It has been a cool summer so far except for that heatwave of 40,40,40

These plants are finally big enough to plant out in the rows

I was trying to get skittles to pose next to the cherry rudbekia but she wasn't in a modelling mood.

The cherry rubekia is a very different looking plant to the regular yellow rudbekia.
Different leaves, different habit. I like the paint striped look of the cherry flowers when they have been out for a while.


They have that old furniture look about them.
Perhaps I had better pick them and let a fresh lot come through.

Skittles is a foot hugger.
We had a visit from from Barney and Dozer....this is Barney's foot.

Shelia

Dozer

Dozer is trim taut and terriffic since he stopped snacking on biscuts throughout the day!

2 comments:

Faeryfay said...

Love the basil! I'm trying on my third attempt in growing it this season! For some reason, it just isn't working for me! I do so love it though!:-)

Annie said...

I love your faded like old furniture comment. Loved the flower rows. I want to see the new puppy!!!