Saturday, May 21, 2011

Frogs everywhere!

There has been a lot of frogs around lately. Every night we notice several frogs on the windows catching the insects.
This frog was discovered in the reclaimed potting mix.
It gave me a bit of a fright as reacted to being dumped out of a pot of dirt into the wheel barrow.
Pip said she thought it was a bull frog.

I have noticed quite a few large holes in the potting mix in some of my pots...I have concluded they are a result of a frog leaving it's hibernation hole. Perhaps the to-ing and fro-ing to market is not restful enough for them.


Mum has made them welcome with this bird bath in her garden.
They have also delighted the pottery children by leaping out of the fridge we keep  pottery in to regulate its drying.

The door of the fridge does not quite close and it is surprising the size of the frogs that squeeze their way in.
Please note the fridge is not turned on and no frogs have been harmed by sharing of our pottery space.
It is raining as I type this so the frogs will all be singing tonight

2 comments:

Annie said...

What a great post Jayne. We've also had lots of frogs here too. In the summer time we had little baby ones hopping around in our kitchen, coming in through the garage. I love hearing them in the garden.

Gaby said...

I love frogs too but don't get to hear many around here. One of the reasons I wanted to create my pond was to attract them... hopefully I'll get around to that soon... but someone said ponds also attract snakes and those I don't want! Thanks for your comment on my post about outdoor rooms - yes, we spend so much time outside, why not make it a comfortable and inviting place to be :)