Sunday, July 31, 2016

100 snails.

It has been really busy in the pottery room.
Kids  classes, daytime adults, members 
and a beginners short course.
The kilns have been busy too with 
lots of work going through.
I have been working on a big order.
A bit daunting really and 
thankfully I have until October to get them all done.

100 mugs
Slow food mugs

Each with the slow food snail logo 
applied from a stamp I made,
then hand painted red 
and glazed with satin white

There are mugs everywhere.
Every shelf, every broccoli box and some in the fridge.


I had to remember to keep up 
with some mugs for my market stall.
I got sidetracked with some red clay and a white snail
Off task with some 
press mould bowls 
and the slow food snail.

This is totally off course...Egyptian paste beads.

3 comments:

Anna said...

looks like you are well underway with your mugs - so easy to get side tracked :)

smartcat said...

The mugs look great! How did you make the stamp?
So many busy days; going a little off track can be good for creativity!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Oh those snail mugs are just the BEST :)